The WildKat London office is looking for a new Office Manager
About WildKat PR
WildKat PR was founded by Kathleen Alder in April 2008, following the years she spent working in the music industry and the advertising sectors. Kat’s initial goal was to apply professional commercial strategies to public relations in the arts and the media. Since then, WildKat PR has made its mark as one of the most innovative and creative PR companies specialising in classical music, as well as in contemporary music and cultural projects. The company has particularly distinguished itself in the creation of bespoke commercial strategies and the astute employment of new technologies and media.
WildKat PR is the only performing arts agency working internationally, with five offices across two continents – London, Berlin, Paris, New York and Los Angeles. We run campaigns in the UK and Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and North America, and also work across Benelux, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. We offer press and PR, marketing, playlisting, social media and branding for institutions and artists.
Job Description (September 2022)
21 hours per week
Permanent employment contract
Salary: £24-27K Pro Rata, dependent on experience
Pension: 4% employer pension contribution
Holiday: 14 days excluding bank holidays
Reports to: Managing Director
Responsible for: N/A
Staff benefits: Christmas break in addition to annual leave entitlement.
WildKat PR is seeking an experienced HR & Office Manager to join our London team. We are looking for someone who can ensure smooth day-to-day running of the office, provide HR support across the company (including the US office) and general assistance to the Managing Director and wider team when necessary.
- Maintain, file and archive records in an accurate manner
- Manage office policies, including risk assessments
- Negotiate and manage office insurance contracts
- Manage office subscriptions to magazines and online resources
- Prepare contracts and set up client accounts
- Issue and monitor customer invoices
- Process bills and payments
- Arrange travel for Directors and other staff members when required
- Organise and audit the company’s systems and procedures, including HR
- Assist accountants in preparing monthly reports
- Prepare monthly payroll data
- Provide additional support for the directors as needed
- Manage company diary (staff meetings, holidays)
- Assist with recruitment
- Oversee company’s Diversity & Inclusion Board and its objectives
- Order office supplies
Person Specification: Essential
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Confident written and oral communication skills
- HR experience
- Basic understanding of UK tax rules and labour law
- Experience in preparing and managing contracts
- Good working knowledge Google apps and Microsoft Office
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A high standard of organisation and efficiency
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience of multi-tasking, ability to prioritise and work independently.
- Experience of working with online accounting software Xero or equivalent
Person Specification: Desirable
- Interest in Diversity and Inclusion best practices
- Other European language, particularly German and/or French
- Interest in the Music Industry
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At WildKat we strive to be inclusive across our workforce and creative delivery. Team members contribute to and develop our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy. We welcome applications for all sectors of the community and actively seek applications from candidates from disabled and ethnically diverse backgrounds as these groups are currently underrepresented within the music sector.
Please let us know if you would like to discuss the office environment, working
arrangements, access requirements or have questions around access and inclusion. Our office at 26 Bloomsbury Street is not wheelchair accessible, has two flights of stairs and an upstairs toilet.
Right to work
Under the Asylum and Immigration Act, we are required to check that anyone taking up employment with us has the legal right to work in the UK. All successful applicants will, therefore, be asked to provide us with documentary evidence to support their entitlement to work in the UK prior to taking up employment.
How to apply and Timeline:
Any Equal Opportunities information you provide will not be used when short-listing, it is anonymised, will be kept separate from your application, and all information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The closing date to apply is 5pm on 20 September 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone or email and invited to an interview
on Zoom. Whilst we will work to accommodate every applicant, please do your best to ensure you may be available for this date.
- Application deadline: 5pm on 20 September 2022.
- First Interviews: 23 September 2022
- Second Interviews: 26-27 September 2022 at 26 Bloomsbury Street WC1B 3QJ (TBC)
- Potential starting date: as soon as possible
In addition to a CV, we are asking candidates to submit a Covering Letter.
Please see below questions you might wish to address.
- Please use this opportunity to tell us why you would like to work for WildKat PR and/or what attracted you to the role.
- Please use ease to let us know about your educational background (schools/colleges attended), and any qualifications/awards you have, any training you might have attended. A degree or equivalent is not a prerequisite for this role, we are open to candidates with experience-based knowledge.
- Please tell us how your past experiences are relevant to the role.
- Please make sure you tell us how personal specifications listed in this pack apply to you.
- Is there anything else you would like us to know about you? Do you speak any other languages? If you have specific access requirements, or ways in which we can make progressing in the recruitment process easier for you please outline them in your letter.
Please provide details of two people, not related to you, who will provide an
employment reference for you. One of these must be your current or most recent
employer if you are not currently employed. The other should be a referee who can
express a professional opinion on your work and your ability to perform the job for
which you are applying.
We will not contact your referees unless you have been offered the position. Their
details will not be stored after the recruitment is complete.
Relationship to you;